SLC Ballet Competition Program
Not only are students benefited by the process to prepare solos for the
competition, but the exposure to the national and international dance scene
is priceless. Not to mention the workshops, scholarship offers and even job
Recommended for aspiring professionals.
- By audition. Dancers 9 years and older may audition.
- A dancer must have good work ethic and be willing to undergo
- Dancers must attend ballet technique class regularly (minimum of 3
classes per week) in addition to competition coaching.
- $350 per month for soloists
- $175 per month for ensemble dancers
- If accepted as a soloist, tuition includes:
- Up to 3 hours of rehearsal per week
- Coaching of up to 2 classical variations per dancer
- Coaching of contemporary dance. (Tuition does not include fees
charged by choreographer.)
- If accepted as a member of an ensemble, tuition includes:
- One rehearsal (1.5hr) per week.
- Coaches will be assigned to the dancer by SLCB.
- Tuition does NOT include:
- Travel expenses for the teacher
- Registration fee for each competition
- Choreography fee for a contemporary piece
Upcoming Competitions 2016 - 2017
- October 2016: World Ballet Art Competition Grand Prix - Seattle, WA
- Spring 2017: Youth America Grand Prix - Location TBA
- March 2017: Bari International Contemporary Ballet Competition - Bari, Italy
- June 2017: World Ballet Competition - Orlando, FL
- June 2017: American Ballet Competition - Location TBA
- Top 12 2014 YAGP (qualifying for NYC Finals)
- Top 12 at YAGP Finals in NYC 2015